Pop Culture

Keymaster

Finally, someone decided to include my favorite Extended Universe character ever in a show.

Meet Grand Admiral Thrawn, a tactical genius villain, the only nonhuman to rise through the Imperial Ranks in spite of Palpatine’s prejudices, and someone who takes “know thy enemy” so far that he studies their art.

That’s right. He’ll beat you because he knows what you’re going to do next. Because art is the window to your soul which is the window to your next move in chess. Obviously.

@fullmetalashley
or @wwsubtitles have you guys gotten into Rebels, yet? He shows up as an antagonist in Season 3 (which is running now).

I actually watched season 1 of Rebels, @pzed, and it was fine. It wasn’t my favorite, but it wasn’t bad. It’s good to see Thrawn back into the canon, though! He’s a cool character, and it was kind of a bummer when he got put into the rest of the “Legends” tag that the Extended Universe was rebranded as.

Keymaster

@pokemama, the “Legends” tag was one of the more hilarious and sloppy retcons I’ve ever seen. The whole point of the EU was to let people fill in the gaps in the story and the universe that main-stream productions wouldn’t be able to.

@pzed It was kind of shocking to me that Disney even went that far. I know they’d have to dish out some royalties and that it would risk tampering with their idea of canon, but sheesh, wouldn’t it make them money? Or are they just that overprotective of their IP (cough NINTENDO I’M LOOKING AT YOU cough)?

Keymaster

Disney is one of the more notoriously protective (and litigious) companies out there. So, yeah.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to join this conversation. Login below or create a new account.