Feedback and Bug Reporting

Participant

** Would love to see a section on Music. Discussion around up and coming bands or reviews of shows.

** There’s a lot of writers out there that are struggling to get found. What if you had writers write a book, and then gradually release the book chapter by chapter (like they used to do in the old days in newspapers) on the site? People could come back each period to read the next chapter… they could discuss it with other people. Make it exportable to eBooks?

** You could also do the same for ART, like you do for Comics. But you might want to restrict who can post to Books or Art because otherwise you will end up with a lot of crap content.

** Comedy Section?

BTW – I know a few people who might be into contributing for each of the above.

Keymaster

We would absolutely do music @jono. Right now any music ideas would live in our Pop Culture section. It’s a case of us not having had writers who specialize in that yet, not that we aren’t interested in covering music topics.

Participant

OK, well I know a few people who could write about Music if you want me to do an introduction?

Keymaster

@jono, sure! Wait until Tuesday when we start promoting this sucker, though. Giving the weekend for us to find and fix any critical bugs (like those activation emails going to spam folders. Think that one should be fixed, though).

Participant

I just noticed a navigation thing. When I login, in order to see notifications I’m following I have to go to my profile, click on the notifications tab and then that’s how I find the topics and reply.

Am I missing something? Would be easier to have a drop down at the top similar to the way FB operates but again, not sure if I’m missing a more efficient way to get there?

Keymaster

@courtney we might want to make the activity feed visible for now. @jono found it anyways.

Keymaster

@jono that’s an artifact of the BuddyPress plugin we’re using for v1 of this site (using plugins = can get things up and running way faster but also much more of a pain in the butt to customize). v2 is likely to be non-plugin-tastic, though that is also at least a year away.

Courtney and I will tinker with it to see if we can make it more intuitive.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to join this conversation. Login below or create a new account.