Feedback and Bug Reporting

Keymaster

Hey folks! Found something that looks weird or doesn’t work on the site! You can report it here (among other places, like the FAQ).

Keymaster

@otrera I saw you had a failed login. If you ever forget your password, you should be able to also contact me through the contact form on the right side of the FAQ page.

Participant

**Registration screen looks too much like the login screen, I clicked on REGISTER a few times and didn’t realize I was actually being asked to register because the LOGIN box was still kinda highlighted and the registration was scrolled off the page.
** Not HTTPS when on the registration screen
** When I click on the email link to see a comment, I had to login, when I login it takes me away from the page I was just looking at.
** Looking at your post “The Power of Outdated Stats”. I can’t see this title anywhere on the page except for the “Reply To:” and in the URL. Also I was looking through the menu for it and when I go to SPORTS, I can only see two articles

Keymaster

@jono Thanks for the feedback. You make very good points (particularly with the merged login & registration screens and taking you away from the window).

All of those are issues with one particular plugin we’re using (called BuddyPress). I’ll see if @courtney and I can bend it to our wills.

Keymaster

@jono partially fixed the registration problem by sticking a login box on the reply page, the new conversation thread page, and the main café page if you arrive there and aren’t already logged in. So email notifications should take you to a page where you can just log in without having to go somewhere else first.

Participant

Hey @pzed. How do I see a list of all articles in a section? When I click on ARTICLES>SPORTS I can only see two articles. This is the page it takes me to:

Sports

Should I be seeing more articles in this list or is there a way to see a complete list?

Keymaster

@jono you’re seeing it correctly. Only have two to start. I’m working on an NHL one right now, and @rsharp has another cooking about unlikely likely events in sports.

Participant

“Please slow down, you are posting to fast!” This is the message I get when I try to post a comment about an existing article.

Keymaster

@anne-palmer try it now. I just changed the throttling settings.

Participant

No change unfortunately. I honestly have never seen a message like this.

Keymaster

@anne-palmer I just whitelisted your account. Now let’s see if the anti-spam list was the problem.

Participant

Now I cannot retrieve my comment as it appears to have disappeared into cyberspace. I will have to pen another one and try again.

Keymaster

Grrr. @anne-palmer make sure to email it to me, just in case, so you have a record. I’m pretty sure it’s either the spam shield or the virus protection gone wild.

Participant

Success!!!

Keymaster

@anne-palmer got it! I can see your comment now. Thanks for letting me know about this issue and let me know if this happens again to you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to join this conversation. Login below or create a new account.